Darren Farrell visits Voyager Academy Elementary School
Thursday, April 6, 2023: Darren Farrell is coming to Voyager Academy Elementary!
Important Info for Ordering:
- Be sure to list your STUDENT'S NAME and TEACHER'S NAME in the order comments section during checkout.
- The book will be personalized using the student's first name, unless you put a different request in the order comments section.
- We will automatically apply a 10% discount to all books ordered for this event! We will manually apply the discount before we process it.
- Under shipping options, choose "pick up at store" then pay online, and we'll deliver the books to Voyager Academy; there are no shipping charges!
- All orders must be received by noon Wednesday, April 5.
Two award-winning creators team up for this picture book about what happens--and how you feel--when you give to someone else. And then it asks you to do just that--with the book in your hands!
Prepare to open a very special book--a book that you read, but that you don’t keep. That’s right. This book isn’t destined for a pile in your room. It’s not going to gather dust on a bookshelf. This book is for you to read and enjoy, and then to give away. Yes, away, to someone you've never spoken to before. So, who are you going to pick? The next person you pass on the street? Someone sitting alone on a bench? A kid at the park? Who knows—maybe you'll even make a new friend!
Here is a one-of-a-kind picture book that brilliantly introduces the act of giving—quite literally—in a concrete way for kids to understand, and reveals how good it feels when you do.
Darren Farrell is an award-winning children's book author and illustrator. His book Thank You, Octopus was an NPR and HuffPost best book of the year. The New York Times called Stop Following Me, Moon! “a perfect introduction to the wonders of the universe.” His recent book Dandelion Magic, with Maya Tatsukawa, was published in April 2021. Darren has been featured in the the Wall Street Journal, and on NPR.