In addition to our new books, Flyleaf offers a curated selection of used books for adults and kids! Our adult used book room is stocked with paperback fiction, mystery, science fiction and fantasy, and a large range of non-fiction genres. The used kids' room includes young adult, middle grade, early chapter books, graphic novels, picture books in hardcover and paperback, and board books. We encourage our customers to browse the used rooms for unique finds at bargain prices!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Buying hours: Monday 11-6, Wednesday 11-6, Sunday 11 am-4 pm ONLY
- Our staff will evaluate books according to condition, need and quantity. Please see more specific details below.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to take drop-offs to be evaluated later. Please stay close by while we go through your books--you're welcome to eat & drink next door!
- We offer store credit or half that amount in cash
- Store credit does not expire and can be used for anything in the store
WHAT WE BUY:
- Adult paperbacks in good condition; especially fiction, memoir, and biography. We are more selective with nonfiction, but will look at more popular paperbacks in genres such as psychology, regional, and history.
- Children’s books, including picture books, board books, early chapter books, middle grade, graphic novels and some young adult books
WHAT WE DON’T BUY:
- Adult hardcovers
- Textbooks, rare books, magazines, books with dated information (i.e. older travel guides)
- Audio books/books on CD
- Books with water-damage, stained pages/covers, underlining, stickers that can't be removed, or those that have smoke, mold, pet or other odors
- Email info (at) flyleafbooks.com
- Call the front desk at 919-942-7373
WHAT TO DO WITH WHAT WE DON’T TAKE:
You can donate children’s and young adult books to Book Harvest--we have a drop-off bin here at Flyleaf. You can also donate any books to CommunityWorx in Carrboro or Friends of the Chapel Hill Public Library shop in Chapel Hill. Both of these locations can give you a tax receipt.