Used Books at Flyleaf
Used Trading Guidelines
In addition to our new books, Flyleaf offers a curated selection of used books for adults and kids! Our adult used book collection is stocked with paperback fiction, mystery, science fiction and fantasy, and a large range of non-fiction genres. The used kids' collection includes young adult, middle grade, early chapter books, graphic novels, picture books in hardcover and paperback, and board books. We encourage our customers to browse the used rooms for unique finds at bargain prices!
How It Works:
- Drop off your books while we are open.
- We will take your information and get in touch with you within a week (usually much faster!) about whether we will be able to offer you store credit.
- Books that we choose not to put on the sales floor will be donated to a nonprofit or recycled, depending on their condition. We are not able to offer certificates of donation for tax purposes.
- Our staff evaluates books according to condition and demand.
- We offer store credit or half that amount in cash.
- Store credit does not expire and can be used for anything in the store.
WHAT WE BUY:
- Adult books in good condition; especially fiction, memoir, and biography. We are more selective with nonfiction.
- We primarily buy paperbacks, but we will evaluate your hardcovers if you bring them in. We do not price hardcovers & paperbacks differently, so you should not expect a higher trade value for hardcovers.
- Children’s books, including picture books, board books, early chapter books, middle grade, graphic novels and some young adult books.
WHAT WE DON’T BUY:
- Textbooks, rare books, magazines, books with dated information (i.e. older travel guides)
- Audiobooks/books on CD
- Books with water damage, stained pages/covers, underlining, stickers that can't be removed, or those that have smoke, mold, pet or other odors
- Email info (at) flyleafbooks.com
- Call the front desk at 919-942-7373