A very favorite author at Flyleaf Books!
Sarah Dessen grew up in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and attended UNC-Chapel Hill, graduating with highest honors in Creative Writing. She is the author of several novels, including Someone Like You, Just Listen and Along for the Ride. A motion picture based on her first two books, entitled How to Deal, was released in 2003. Her twelfth novel, Saint Anything, will be released in hardcover on May 5th, 2015. The Moon and More will also be released in paperback on the same day. Sarah Dessen will read from Saint Anything at Flyleaf on Monday, May 11th at 7:00pm, we hope to see you then!
A Flyleaf Books Special Service:
Order copies of Sarah's books here and let us know how you'd like them personalized-- or just plain signed-- and we'll get them to you as soon as possible. Give us a little extra time for when Sarah's on tour and out of town. All books except Saint Anything are available in both paperback and hardcover editions, though some editions do take additional time for processing depending on their availability.
***As of 5/2/15 Sarah will be on her book tour and unable to personalize books for new orders. BUT we do have autographed copies of Saint Anything available to ship or pick up in-store on 5/5/15, as well as several other titles. Sarah will again be able to personalize orders when she returns to Flyleaf for her reading and signing event on 5/11/15 and we will ship personalized orders then.***
An extra special offer for the upcoming novel Saint Anything:
Preorder your copy of Saint Anything from Flyleaf and receive an EXCLUSIVE gift pack and reserve your place in the signing line on 5/11!
Gift packs include custom stickers, pin-back buttons, and bracelets!
What the critics say about Sarah Dessen's books:
- "Dessen delves deeper than ever into the complex dynamics of families suffering loss and confronting changes that upend everything. Once again, Dessen demonstrates her tremendous skill in evoking powerful emotions through careful, quiet prose, while delivering a satisfying romance. The author's many devotees are sure to enjoy this weighty addition to her canon." — Publishers Weekly, starred review for Saint Anything
- "Dessen is as skilled as ever at turning out steady, satisfying stories about teens that are easy to fall for." — Publishers Weekly, starred review for The Moon and More
- "Sarah Dessen is something of a rock star in young adult fiction. Her bestselling coming-of-age novels are warmly written explorations of teens in transition that are, by turns, questioning, humorous and hopeful." — Los Angeles Times
- "Readers can count on Dessen; she's a pro at creating characters caught at a nexus of change, who have broken relationships and who need to make decisions. . . Readers will enjoy every minute they spend with her." — Kirkus Reviews on What Happened to Goodbye
- “Dessen has a perfect ear.” — Booklist, boxed review of Someone Like You
- “Dessen explores the interior and exterior lives of her characters and shows their flaws, humanity, struggles and incremental successes. This is young adult fiction at its best.” — School Library Journal review of Just Listen
- "The romance which forms the core of the story is everything a romance should be." — Horn Book on Just Listen
- “Dessen has built a well-deserved reputation…her many fans won’t be disappointed.”— Booklist review of Along for the Ride
- "Realistic teen dialogue, authentic girl friendships, and a complex underlying question: Can people really change?" — Kirkus Reviews on Along for the Ride
- "Good story, real characters, happy ending. . . another must-read." — VOYA on Lock and Key