Kelly Barnhill visits Phillips Middle
Wednesday, March 16, 2022: Kelly Barnhill is coming to Phillips Middle!
Important Info for Ordering:
- Be sure to list your STUDENT'S NAME and TEACHER'S NAME in the order comments section during checkout.
- The book will be personalized using the student's first name, unless you put a different request in the order comments section.
- We will automatically apply a 10% discount to all books ordered for this event! We will manually apply the discount before we process it.
- Under shipping options, choose "pick up at store" then pay online, and we'll deliver the books to Phillips; there are no shipping charges!
- All orders must be received by noon on Tuesday, March 15.
A new instant-classic fantasy about the power of generosity and love, and how a community suffers when they disappear, by Kelly Barnhill, winner of the Newbery Medal for The Girl Who Drank the Moon, a New York Times bestseller.
Stone-in-the-Glen, once a lovely town, has fallen on hard times. Fires, floods, and other calamities have caused the people to lose their library, their school, their park, and even their neighborliness. The people put their faith in the Mayor, a dazzling fellow who promises he alone can help. After all, he is a famous dragon slayer. (At least, no one has seen a dragon in his presence.) Only the clever children of the Orphan House and the kindly Ogress at the edge of town can see how dire the town’s problems are.
When a child goes missing from the Orphan House, all eyes turn to the Ogress. How can the Orphans tell the story of the Ogress’s goodness to people who refuse to listen? And how can they make their neighbors see the real villain in their midst?
Kelly Barnhill lives in Minnesota with her husband and three children. She is the author of four novels, most recently The Girl Who Drank the Moon, winner of the 2017 John Newbery Medal. She is also the winner of the World Fantasy Award and has been a finalist for the Minnesota Book Award, a Nebula Award, and the PEN/USA literary prize. Visit her online at kellybarnhill.com or on Twitter: @kellybarnhill