Jamar Perry visits McDougle Elementary School
Tuesday, February 28, 2023: Jamar Perry is coming to McDougle Elementary - 4th & 5th grade!
Important Info for Ordering:
- Be sure to list your STUDENT'S NAME and TEACHER'S NAME in the order comments section during checkout.
- The book will be personalized using the student's first name, unless you put a different request in the order comments section.
- We will automatically apply a 10% discount to all books ordered for this event! We will manually apply the discount before we process it.
- Under shipping options, choose "pick up at store" then pay online, and we'll deliver the books to MES; there are no shipping charges!
- All orders must be received by noon Monday, February 27.
After his first adventure as the Descendant, Cameron can’t sit through seventh-grade classes. Especially when his parents are still trapped in Chidani. But he encounters a particularly nasty bully in his new school, and it doesn’t take long for Cameron and his trusty friends Zion and Aliyah to realize that the troubles of Chidani won’t stay away for long. With the Book to guide them, Cameron and his crew end up transported to Chidani sooner than anticipated—and the gods and goddesses they encounter don’t intend to make Cameron’s journey easy. Can he finally outwit and outlast the villainous god set on destroying their worlds?
Inspired by West African and Igbo history and mythology, this middle-grade fantasy celebrates the triumphs and challenges of a boy finding his path to greatness.
Jamar J. Perry grew up in Phoenix City, Alabama, an identical twin in a family of eight. When he was eighteen, he moved away, eventually settling in Washington, D.C to be a teacher. When Jamar is writing, he creates outlines, gathers images that connect to his novel, and sits in front of his kitchen window where sunlight can warm him as he works. Jamar loves teaching about literature and writing, and he spends a lot of time training new teachers to meet the reading needs of all students, no matter their background.