Gillian McDunn visits McDougle Elementary
Tuesday, March 8, 2022: Gillian McDunn is coming to McDougle Elementary!
Important Info for Ordering:
- Be sure to list your STUDENT'S NAME and TEACHER'S NAME in the order comments section during checkout.
- The book will be personalized using the student's first name, unless you put a different request in the order comments section.
- We will automatically apply a 10% discount to all books ordered for this event! We will manually apply the discount before we process it.
- Under shipping options, choose "pick up at store" then pay online, and we'll deliver the books to McDougle; there are no shipping charges!
- All orders must be received by noon on Monday, March 7.
Elliott has never had many friends. His only solace is cooking, where he can control the outcome, testing exciting recipes, and watching his favorite cooking shows. When he’s paired with the super-popular Maribel for a school-wide business project, Elliott is a little nervous that they won’t see eye to eye. But Maribel is also looking for a new way to show others her true self, and sometimes the least likely friends have the most in common . . . and sometimes you have to make a few mistakes before you learn what’s right.
By exploring themes of family, friendship, and boyhood, McDunn weaves another heart-bursting tale about a kid learning how to be his true self.
Gillian McDunn is the author of These Unlucky Stars, The Queen Bee and Me, and Caterpillar Summer, which received two starred reviews, and was selected for the Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List, and Kirkus Reviews and Parents magazine Best Books of the Year lists. When she isn’t reading or writing, she is probably cooking, traveling, or spending time with her family. She lives near Raleigh, North Carolina, with her husband and children, and a very silly dog named Friday. www.gillianmcdunn.com