Thu 11/17, 7pm
Contributors to The Carolina Table: North Carolina Writers on Food read their work
Join us in celebrating a delicious new anthology from Eno Publishers, with readings by Randall Kenan, Daniel Wallace, Nancie McDermott, Elizabeth Engelhardt, Jeffery Beam, Bill Smith, Cathy Cleary, Jaki Shelton Green, and Lee Smith!
More than thirty authors share stories about meals, memories, and food in Eno Publishers' new book, The Carolina Table: North Carolina Writers on Food, edited by Randall Kenan. They show what North Carolinians know to be true—our foodways contain our culture, our history, our priorities, our health, our expression, our souls. Here are a few highlights:
- Jill McCorkle writes about her grandmother's pound cake.
- Bridgette Lacy recalls mid-summer "mater" days in the N&O newsroom.
- Emily Wallace reveals her affinity for orange food.
- Lee Smith samples from her mother's treasured recipe box.
- Sophia Woo takes us behind the scenes of her award-winning food truck.
- Celia Rivenbark writes about her summer job waiting tables at a local eatery.
Other contributors include Bill Smith, Jaki Shelton Green, Daniel Wallace, Marcie Cohen Ferris, Michael Parker, Wayne Caldwell, Marianne Gingher, Heather Newton, Nancie McDermott, Diya Abdo, John McElwee, Michael McFee & more.