Volunteering (Kobo eBook)
Volunteering: Insights and Tips for Teenagers provides a complete guide to the world of volunteerism. It shows you how to become engaged in what will be among the most gratifying and worthwhile experiences of your life.
In this book you’ll learn why volunteerism is so important both to volunteers themselves and to those they serve and explore different types of volunteer opportunities and how to find and secure a rewarding volunteer placement. With advice from professionals and first-hand accounts from teen volunteers, including a fifteen-year-old girl who started a foundation that now helps hundreds of new parents, this book will help you make the most of your volunteer experience.
You will learn
- how to research volunteer opportunities
- what to expect from the application, interview, and orientation process
- how to be a successful volunteer
- how to handle unfamiliar or uncomfortable situations and how to ask for help, and
- how you can use what you learn as a volunteer to create new academic or career opportunities.
With helpful tips for success and a resource list of volunteer opportunities, this book provides everything you need to understand the vital and vibrant world of volunteerism.