The First-Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers (Kobo eBook)
There are no stupid questions here. Everyone has to start somewhere, after all. In The First-Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers, Sean and Allison McManus, the gardening pros behind the popular website and podcast Spoken Garden, answer all of your questions and more.
Caring for outdoor plantings can be intimidating, especially if the process is completely new to you. Before running to the hardware store to stock up on plastic bags of mulch and tools you don’t really need, arm yourself with the know-how to plant and tend outdoor areas correctly and safely. Doing so saves you time, money, and energy—and helps make the process a whole lot more fun!
With help from this easy-to-follow beginner gardening guide, you’ll learn:
- Tips for selecting the best plants and flowers for your growing conditions
- The best planting techniques for different types of plants
- How to mulch trees, shrubs, and garden beds correctly
- Pruning dos and don’ts for common garden plants
- Ways to keep weeds out of outdoor areas—without using synthetic herbicides
- How to recognize and manage different pests and diseases naturally
- Insider tips on everything from the difference between annuals and perennials to choosing the best organic fertilizer
- Plus, you’ll find time-management advice and tips for effective, resource-conscious gardening
You will close the book not only knowing how to care for your home's outdoor plantings using earth-friendly methods, but also knowing the satisfaction of a beautiful, all-natural landscape.
This book is part of The First-Time Gardener Guide series from Cool Springs Press, which also includes The First-Time Gardener: Growing Vegetables. Each book in The First-Time Gardener Guide series is aimed at beginner gardeners and offers clear, fact-based information that's presented in a friendly and accessible way, including step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations throughout.