Usually Available in 5-9 Days, supply chain issues may affect these times
When a close friend or family member dies, it can be sad for kids and difficult for them to express the big feelings they are experiencing. This book will help explain in a gentle way that death is a natural complement to life and that grief and a sense of loss are normal feelings to have following the death of a loved one.
Parents, teachers, and gift givers will find:
- language that is simple, direct, and easy for young children to understand
- a helpful tool for coping with loss and grief
- a book about bereavement written by a psychotherapist and counselor
- a whole series of books for children to explore mental health and emotional issues
The A First Look At series promotes positive interaction among children, parents, and teachers, and encourages kids to ask questions and confront difficult social and emotional questions. Books feature appealing full-color illustrations on every page plus a page of advice to parents and teachers.
What parents and educators are saying:
- I highly recommend this book for anyone struggling with how to help their children deal with their grief.
- The book did a wonderful job of presenting the facts about life and death, as well as explaining, and therefore preparing her for, the funeral and memorial service we attended.
- There are good questions towards the end that can help to get little ones talking about how they are feeling.
- This little book was a great and gentle way to introduce death and feelings associated with loss to my almost 4-year-old son. I recommend it.